Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chickens Need Wheat Seeds and Other Tips

Today when I was stumbling around in a mine, I found gold for the first time. Woo hoo. I made myself a helmet of gold.

In other interesting news, I was swimming to an island at night with my dogs. I don't know quite what happened, but they all started to die. I don't know if they got tangled in sand, ice, vines or what. I tried to save them. Three died. I thought I had 7 but I never saw any dogs after that. I was bummed. That was 3 days ago. I haven't found any dogs since.

I did find cheetahs, but they want nothing to do with me, even though I'm carrying a fish.

I found out now to catch pigs you need a carrot. If you can find a village, you can steal their carrots. But the first carrot I got was from killing a zombie. But percentage wise, very few zombies carry carrots.

To catch chickens you need wheat seeds now. I had to find that out in the punchwood.com chatroom. Thanks for the tip guys.

I made a cool spiral staircase around a 4 trunk tree. It's hard to navigate but pretty cool to look at from a distance.

I also was deep in a mine when I saw a cage with fire coming out of it. But every time I tried to get a closer look, skeletons chased me. I killed about 10 skellies and gave up trying after that. So I still don't know what it was.

I'm enjoying lighting my houses with the Chinese lantern things you get on jungle wood with cocoa seeds. That's really fun. I harvest them when it pleases me and put more seeds on the jungle wood to get more.

I'm having fun with colored wool.  I accidentally smacked a sheep with cocoa seeds instead of the shears, and bingo, brown sheep. Ha. A pleasant surprise.

I've noticed that storage boxes don't work all the time. I'll add stuff, walk away, and find the stuff back in my inventory. Annoying.

I tried making a cake with an egg, one wheat, one sugar and a pail of milk. It didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

I built a four cobblestone column in a big pond. Then I dumped a bucket of water over it to make a fountain. It worked, but it was not particularly attractive. Maybe there is a better way. Must experiment.

My boyfriend hates Minecraft. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment